Thursday 9 February 2012

Need to see a movie...

Tonight as I am the last one awake in my house, I think I need to see the movie with Sarah Jessica Parker "I Don't Know How Does She Does It?" Because I can tell you, in this household, it is coming at the expense of sleep.

Lately I have tried to be cognisant of the fact that when I am home with my kids and not doing the necessities like making dinner, cleaning, and so on... that I want to be present with them playing, talking, cuddling, reading or just being there and not staring at the computer screen.  I also want to make sure that Scott and I get some time to talk at night too.   Due to the kids activities which have us constantly on the go, we really need and enjoy that daily time to connect, check in and review for the next day.

*On another note, we have decided that next year we will be limiting the kids activities (well at least, Megan).   Megan wanted to do everything this year... two dances, sparks, and figures skating which is twice a week for 2 hours each time.   We obliged, thinking we were doing the right thing.   But now as skating has become more of a chore for her and less fun, we realise that we must set limits.   Next year 2 things only!*

Anyway, what this all means for me, is that the other aspects of my life,  like my studies, school work (yes, teaching is NOT 9 - 3), blogging, and reading educational information via platforms like Twitter/blogs and my baking all have to wait until after 9:30 pm or happen during the days I am off, which isn't always enough time.    This week happened to be an especially busy week with one presentation, an assignment due, a difficult discussion with a friend, and continued prep for Megan's Valentine's Party (14 more little pillows to go).   Generally I feel that I balance things fairly well, but this week things have been a bit off.  I can tell when I am really busy because the PVR is backing up with all my programs... well, actually mostly just Y & R, which is really just a sickness of mine.  

Anyway, I know that somehow it will all get done... dinner with girlfriends tomorrow night, UBC all day Saturday, birthday dinner for my Mom Saturday night, 14 more pillows to make, cookies, krispie squares, marshmallow pops, and jello jigglers to make.  Thank goodness the party isn't until 2pm.   I was touched tonight when a friend offered to help out but really I don't know any other way than busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment