Tuesday 14 February 2012

Giving love...

Happy Valentine's Day to all!   I am just home from a wonderful "date" with my son, Matthew.   He chose to go to McDonalds and what a great lunch we had.   I don't get much time one on one with him anymore.   He is so busy with soccer and hockey and his Dad usually takes him early to get ready and I arrive right at game time, so I miss those talks in the car.   Today we caught up and although he is getting older, he still was happy to hold my hand and when he finished eating, he came and sat and cuddled with me on the bench side of our booth.   It meant the world to me and I could tell he was happy too, to have time alone with me.

Upon return to school he was very excited for his class's Valentine's Party.  He made homemade brownies last night (assisted by his Daddy) and iced/sprinkled them this morning with the assistance of his sister and I.  A quote from Matthew this morning who watched Megan ice her own brownies, went "Wow mommy, look Megan is as good as you at icing... she's awesome!"

I also put special notes in each of the kids lunches (I do this at least once or twice a week) and tried to make Megan's "Sharing Lunch" a little extra fun, with heart shaped fruit and veggies!   She didn't come for lunch with us because her class had lunch plans.


Tonight, my UBC class is cancelled so I plan to attend Sparks with Megan and look forward to time alone with Scott after the kids go to bed.   I hope my family knows how much I love them all the days of the year, but especially today, Valentine's Day!   I am blessed to have some many people to love!

No comments:

Post a Comment