Sunday 12 February 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Marshmallow pops, Heart Krispie squares, Sugar Cookies and Jello
 Jigglers with white sweetened condensed milk middle!



Valentine's popcorn - add coloured M&M's

Today 21 little people descended up my house from 2 - 4pm.   We had so much fun!  Each friend stuffed a heart fleece pillow, made a candy kabob, and had fun playing games!   Thanks to Pinterest for all the amazing ideas.   The kiddies enjoyed playing suck up the M&M with a straw and placing it in the cup, using chopsticks to try to see how many hearts they could get into their cups, and a heart building tower game!




Being a teacher I planned my timing so that the end of the Valentine's Chipmunk video ended right at 4pm.   The kiddies were wonderful, gracious and so sweet to one another!  I also had a few moms stick around to help, which was so nice and we enjoyed visiting while the kiddies watched the video.  Also, a BIG thanks go out to my good friend Jen, who came over early to help me finish cutting and tying all the little pillows...  I love planning and hosting parties with kiddies but when you have plans Friday night, school all day Saturday and a family dinner Saturday night, it leaves very little time to get ready!
Making Candy Kabobs - organization is key.  Each child had a bag of their own candies and the candies need to be soft!


Suck up the Smarties with straws game!

Pick up the conversation hearts with chopsticks!
Stuffing the pillows and tying the last few open ends.

Me and One of My Sweethearts!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Janice! It was worth all the work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so impressed with your party! You did a great job...cool crafts, delicious treats, fun games..the kids had so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete