Sunday 5 February 2012

Cannot Talk

Yup, it's official - my voice is gone!  Not sure who is going to love it more the kids (no more shouting from me) or Scott (whom I will no longer be able to nag).  And all of this happens two days before I have to give a presentation in one of my UBC classes - Lovely :)



This weekend I had big plans to tackle some upcoming assignments for my UBC classes.   And what did I do?  I completely and totally avoided my studies... Instead, my kitchen floors and bathrooms were all cleaned and I prepared for a Valentine's party Megan and I are hosting here next weekend.   Why I thought I would have time to host a Valentine's party for 20 little 6 year olds is beyond me!   Sometimes I wonder why I do this to myself!


And for the little pillows I planned to have the kids make - well, I tried a sample with Megs and it looks like I will be making all 20 pillows and just having the kiddies stuff them and tie three knots to seal them up.   Yes, tonight instead of doing much needed school work, the kids and I stuffed ziploc bags with candy for the Valentine Candy Kabobs they will make; we made puffy pompoms to hang from the ceiling and I began what will be the long enduring task of cutting out heart pillows.




On a different note, Scott and I  did enjoy a friend's 40th birthday party and sadly have come to the realization that we will be going to MANY of these, including our own in the new few years!   I am sure my 40's will be great years but for now I am holding tightly onto my 30's!


1 comment:

  1. It looks like it is going to be a pretty amazing party. Love the heart craft and candy skewers are what I am hoping to do for Sarah's birthday. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete