Wednesday 18 January 2012

True Hockey Fans


Kids are RESILIANT!!!  Fourteen years into teaching, I am still stunned by children's ability to ward off the cold.  Today was bitterly cold, around -7 C.  To give you an idea, my nose and ears started to burn from the blowing snow on my quick walk from my car to the school.

At recess, my principal offered the children a choice, as to whether or not they would like to stay inside or go outside for recess.  I was sure that most of my class would choose to stay inside... but I was wrong!   All but one little girl, quickly bundled up and ran out the door, itching to get outside.  

When I arrived home around 4:45pm, my son was outside playing, despite the encroaching darkness and freezing cold.  Beaming with pride, he told me that our backyard is now home to the "Winter Classic" hockey game that he and his best buddy had been playing since 3:30pm.  They're hoping the snow will last all week!

No comments:

Post a Comment