Sunday 22 January 2012

Sweet Saturday

My Saturdays this term are mostly  taken up with my class at UBC.   This Saturday I had off and what a sweet day it was.   Friday night we enjoyed the Giants game with so many of our friends who play for South Delta Minor Hockey.   It was fun to watch Matthew, a true fan, and pure joy that he exuded each time they scored!

The kids ended up getting to bed quite late!  I was so proud of Matthew in the morning we he didn't complain when he was awoken for his Goalie Skills practices that he has every Saturday morning at 7 am - UGH!  I am NOT a morning person so I happily sit these practices out.   His love of the game is remarkable!
6:30 AM
 Later Matthew had a new friend over for a play.   It was so nice that soccer was cancelled due to the wet fields and that he didn't have a second hockey practice later in the day because his regular hockey practice was at the same time as his goalie class, so his missed it.   It felt liberating to only have one activity for the day and to have it completed by 8:30am.

Megan was excited to show the boys the experiment she did at Sparks earlier this week.   We've done the vinegar and baking soda experiment many times before, but it never gets old with these guys!

The boys soon headed to the garage to play more hockey and Megan wanted more play dough.  I was "done" and this point, as Megan and I had been playing, talking, and cuddling since 6:30am and I was wanting some of my own time.   Scott, a sucker for her smiles made her up some more play dough and played restaurant with her.  She made some excellent ice cream concoctions.  Her kindergarten teacher last year told us that she was the "Queen of Play dough creations".   I think she is missing her time at the play dough centre now that she is in Grade One.

The afternoon was perfect.   I was able to stay home and enjoy some time to relax and work on things on my never ending "to-do" lists.   One of them included grouping all the like colours in my closet and inverting the hangers.   I read an article about how to weed your wardrobe by doing this.   Each time you wear something, you turn the hanger back and then in 6 months you can see what you haven't worn!   I am not a packrat and am excited to see what I notice in six months.

The evening we enjoyed a lovely dinner at a friend's place (no kids!).   Our friends put on an impressive spread of deliciously cooked Thai food.  The company and conversations were the perfect ending to a sweet Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment