Sunday 29 January 2012

Gearing up for a busy week...

Another busy week has come to an end.   Dinner at Scott's cousins house on Friday night was lovely but it was the third weekend in a row that we had a babysitter and the novelty had worn off...  it definitely taught me that Friday nights we should try as much as possible to reserve for staying at home.   I work the latter half of the week and I think the kids miss seeing me and Scott and are tired from a long week of activities and school. 

Saturday was typical... I was at UBC all day.  Matt had goalie skills practice first thing, followed by soccer and then his regular hockey team practice.   Both he and Scott are having frustrations learning how to put the goalie gear on properly.  I sure hope they figure this out soon - currently it is no fun for either of them and I am getting tired of the complaining.   Thank goodness for girlfriends.   One of my good friends took Megan for the day and that made things a lot easier for Scott and Megan was in heaven hanging with her pals and getting to go to a crafting party at Michaels.  We had my entire family, and my cousin and her boyfriend, who were in from Calgary, over for dinner.   It was so nice to catch up... I love how with family you can not see each other for such long periods of time and then we you do finally connect, it seems like you were never apart.


Oddly, we had NO SPORTING events on today's agenda!   We decided to take advantage of this and take a quick trip down to the States.   With the amount of trips and money spent by us, I'd have thought we would have kick started the US economy by now.   My children, husband and I,  are ALL lovers/fans of the shopping in the USA.   Our favourites are Target, Michaels, Costco, and Walmart.   The selection alone is worth the trip, not to mention that pretty much any item you purchase at Michaels in the States is bound to be half the price of the cost at home.   I've never really understood that.

On the way back we stopped in and had dinner at Scott's parents and celebrated my sister-in-laws 40th birthday and her daughter's 4th birthday.   Dinner was delicious but Megan was very tired and had a hard time playing nicely with the kids... we eventually left early due to her whining!  My patience was tested to its' limits and I am recovering with tea.

Right now the kids are helping Scott to search for the remote (it goes missing almost daily - I am thinking I may need to put some velcro on it and place another velcro strip on the coffee table, as tacky as that may be but I can't handle the wasted time spent searching).   I hope to get them to bed early so that I can gather my thoughts and create my lists to survive this week.   I have a heavy week with many required readings to get done, a pressing assignment, class Tuesday night, and preparation for an important meeting later this week.   With only two days off this week, it is going to be a tight squeeze.

A girlfriend is hosting coffee with other friends tomorrow morning and I am torn as to whether or not I should go.  Last week, I promised I would attend.  I hate to be "that" type of person who commits and then backs out.   It is a quality I don't like in others but if I go, I know I will regret it when I am working into the wee hours of Monday night trying to get it all done.  I 'wonder' what I should do???

Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. We love zipping down to Bellingham to Target. The kids love Bellis Fair Mall for the kids play area and the train that runs through the mall. I have never been to Michael's in the US, but need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sense is that you are a crafty individual... so you definitely need to check out Michaels. Michaels in the USA accepts all Canadian coupons too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more store that is always WAY cheaper in the USA is Pier One...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jen. We are heading to Bellevue for a few days over spring break and I am going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete