Monday 5 March 2012

Surprises

I, similar to many other parents in BC struggled with what I was going to do with my kids today.  I had pre-scheduled (at least in my mind) that Mon - Wed this week I would tackle my large and final assignment for one of the two Masters classes I am taking this term.

Unfortunately there are always "surprises" and with the strike that is occurring this week, my children are now at home with me during the days that I had planned to get school work done.  Argh!

Knowing this, my kids were completely understanding when I explained that they would be spending the day with one of my friends who has kids the same age.  ~ I am so lucky to have friends who graciously swoop in and offer to help out when needed!

Anyway, I as I quickly hopped into the shower this morning my last words to the kids were "get your bathing suits on, pack your bags with your towel and underwear, and make your beds!"

To my "surprise" when I walked out of the bathroom ready to pounce on any child who hadn't completed  my instructions, I was shocked and touched that they had decided to make my bed for me, knowing that I was sooo busy!

My kids make me crazy!   I often have to tell them over and over and over again to do this or that.   But today they "surprised" me and it was wonderful!  I love my kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment