Monday 19 March 2012

The coming of spring...



As we enjoyed a little bit of sunshine today (and hail too!) and the days are getting longer, we are reminded that Spring is coming.  I love that the sunshine brings everyone outside.  I have been having so much fun watching the little one year old from a few doors down stop by our house on his daily walks.  He likes to play with the Easter eggs and carrots we have on our lawn.  He also visits with the bunnies at our front door.  I am often accused of decorating too early in the season but I just can't help myself.   I know the kiddies love it too.



This past week we heard the wonderful news that my sister Julie and her husband David will be having a boy in July!   I couldn't be more thrilled for them.   We would have been happy if the baby was a girl but given everything that David is going through a baby boy is perfect, and they already have Charlotte.



Tonight we are counting down the hours until our family trip to Mexico!  David's brain tumour surgery is scheduled for three days after we get home from Mexico, so everyone is happy that the doctors gave him the "ok" to get away as well.   It should be a lot of fun having the whole family together as my parents, Julie, David, and Charlotte will be joining us!


I have promised my family that I will not touch technology while we are away so

             adiós a mis amigos!!!


5 comments:

  1. Have a great trip. Looking forward to hearing about it when you get back. No technology for a week. I am not sure I could do it. Not even a peak at email or a glance at twitter late at night when the kids are asleep;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip! I agree with Lisa...couldn't do a week without! Have fun with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't ever stop decorating!! That little boy down the street loves it!!! So does his mommy! Jack has been stopping in daily to tell your bunnies a few stories! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was hard to not peek at my emails... but there was no free Wi-Fi so it made it easier! And we didn't have any nights without the kids. Everyone had a nap between 3 and 6pm and then we all retired to bed around 11 - 12 each night. I did catch up on one of our three flights home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam ~ I can't believe Easter is right around the corner. We are going to bake and decorate egg cookies next week so I'll let you know when they are ready and I will leave a covered plate with the bunnies for Jack! Loved the picture today!

    ReplyDelete