Thursday 8 March 2012

Can almost see the finish line...

Again, I am the last one awake in my house.   The silence is a beautiful thing!   This evening I have worked diligently to finish my final, large assignment for my Education 500 course, Educational Research and Methodology.   This class has been mostly content and has involved statistics (mathematics) I have not done in over 20 years.   It has required a lot of focus, relearning, and perseverance... with lots of frustration along the way.  The professor warned us to get started on this last assignment early, as it was a big one and I am glad she did.   I feel like I have been running a marathon (I've actually only ever run a half-marathon) and I have needed to pace myself... getting it done bit by bit.


So as I was about to pack it in for the night, you can imagine my delight to see an email in my inbox from the Harvard researcher who co-authored one of the two articles I am critiquing in my assignment.   I can't believe she took the time to respond to my email questions.   It has given me the necessary shot of energy I need to finish the final leg of the race!

I am almost there and I can't wait to taste the sweetness of victory tomorrow night when I hand in my paper - and it will be made even better, since tomorrow afternoon begins my spring break.

No comments:

Post a Comment