Thursday 26 July 2012

Tuning in

I feel badly that I have not posted in awhile but I needed to listen to my mind and body these past two weeks and just slow down.   Matt had dental surgery last Wednesday to remove 7 teeth (some which weren't even at the gum line) so I spent time tending to him... and finishing a paper.   When that was done I sank into my couch and did a lot reading - I forgot how nice it is to lose yourself in a good book or two, or three!

My sister also had her baby on July 14th and called him Jayce (means healer).   I felt so lucky to be there at the hospital.   You know the love of family in moments like these - when she called and asked me to come, it meant so much to me!   My kids were as excited as I have ever seen them.   They kept phoning and when I told them Julie was beginning to push, I thought Matthew was going to jump through the phone.  Jayce was born on mine and Scott's 11th anniversary - so it was a special day all around!  He is a little bundle of perfection at only 6'8 lbs.  Julie, David and Charlotte are all doing well and are enjoying having a new baby in the house.   Although they only live in White Rock, I wish they were closer as I could just hold him in my arms for hours.


My niece Charlotte is a proud big sister!
On top of the excitement of Jayce's arrival, I also made a massive decision to switch from doing my Masters in Language and Literacy to a Masters in Technology.   It was a tough decision as I love the brilliant women that were in my cohort and my grad advisor.   My inner voice just kept telling me that I needed to switch... especially during the one week class I took earlier in July called Recurring Questions of Technology.   All of my classes but one transfered, so I am still on track to graduate at the same time.   It just means that now all of my classes are online and focussed on technology, which is an area of passion for me.   I am nervous but believe that in the long term, it will be better for me.   I also know that friendships created with the ladies in my previous classes will transcend any cohort.

This week Matthew is in a Lego Robotics camp in the morning and Megan is in a class where she learns how to decorate cupcakes for the first half, and then creates claymation movies the second half.  I have enjoyed the quiet mornings to continue reading, and now pack for our camping trip this weekend.   Yesterday I went to a hot yoga class... I must admit it takes a great deal of self-talk to get me there but when I come home I am in heaven.   Yoga does wonders for my mind and body!   I really need to make this more of a priority in life.



Some of the cupcakes Megan has been able to make!
I wish I was able to be in the class with Megs!


Saturday night we had fun at what was supposed to be an engagement party for Scott's cousin at the Shangri-la hotel in Vancouver.   Turned out to be a surprise wedding  ~ it was great fun and a beautiful evening!   We continue to enjoy this great weather!   I love impromptu get togethers at the park with friends and swimming outside!   And my sweetpeas have finally bloomed!   I love the relaxed days of summer!







2 comments:

  1. Best wishes to Julie and her family.... and congrats on your decision to switch Masters! We could all take a lesson from you on following our inner voice! Can't wait for this weekend to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! It has been way too long since we have all been together.

    ReplyDelete