Sunday 12 August 2012

High on Summer

If you were to ask me what my favourite season it, I would generally always respond with Fall.   There are so many things I love about that time of the year: the cozy feel of long sleeved clothing, scarves, the colours of the leaves, the beginning of a "new" school year, everyone settling back into routines, the excitement of Halloween and the coming of Christmas, cooking Squash, soups and so on.

But lately I have been feeling the 'highs' of Summer and am beginning to wonder if I may love two seasons!

Some of my highlights include:
  • The Scents - flowers, especially Sweet Peas and bar-b-que smells
  • Warmth - the heat makes time at the beach and pools so much more lovely and I love to be able to sit outside at night without a sweater.
  • Extra Sleep - the kids aren't waking until well after 7am and I am not generally coming downstairs until well after 8am
  • Lack of Routines - never feeling rushed and staying in jammies
  • Time with Friends - catching up over coffee, walks, lunches, and dinners
  • Food - the berries and extra time to cook and bake
  • Wearing Flip Flops and not having to wear make-up ~ Sunglasses hide the eyes!
We headed to our friends farm to pick blueberries!


We picked almost 25 pounds.


I just thought this was so pretty.   It was at our friends farm.

We had the same friends that own the blueberry farm over for dinner
and this was given to me as a hostess gift.   Aren't they beautiful!

Cupcakes Megan and I made for our first ever
Neighbourhood Bar-b-que at Centennial Beach


The men of the neighbourhood organized a great event!

The water was so warm...

No comments:

Post a Comment