Monday 18 June 2012

June - Please SLOW DOWN!!!

As I continue to check off my to-do lists for June, including writing report cards, purchasing year-end gifts, writing a final paper, and so on... you would think I would be becoming less busy - Unfortunately, not so!

This weekend, while attending my staff party, I missed Megan's final baseball game.   Then on Saturday I missed Matthew's final 3-on-3 hockey game, as I was in class all day.   He was in goal and his team lost badly.   I was told that it was a team loss, but it was still a tough way to end the season.   I was disappointed I couldn't be there for Matt, but he took it well.  

Sunday, Matthew, Scott and his Dad went golfing while Megan and I attended a baby shower for my sister.   Then we enjoyed a lovely dinner with Scott's parents.   They surprised us and told us that they are taking us and Scott's sister and her family to Cancun, Mexico next Spring Break!   We are all very excited and look forward to what will be an amazing trip!   

Unfortunately I didn't get to spend time with my own Dad but we did talk on the phone and I plan to take him for breakfast when things slow down.   

Scott enjoyed the kids homemade gifts and had fun golfing.   He is a wonderful Dad!   He is so playful with the kids and not just with sports related activities.   Yesterday he cooked up some play dough for Megan and they made all sorts of neat sculptures.  He is also very affectionate and constantly tells them how much he loves them and attacks them with cuddles.  I feel so lucky to have married not only my perfect partner, but also an outstanding father.  

As time keeps ticking away, I am trying to enjoy every minute of it, while at the same time making sure I am getting everything done ~ a difficult task.   This week Matthew gets a permanent retainer, the kids have Sports Day, I have another shower to attend for my sister, 24 cupcakes to make for the shower, and another 6 pages to write of a paper, plus a ton of time needed to edit.   Added to that I have to continue to prepare for Megan's birthday party on Sunday, and the family dinner (for the kids birthdays) we are hosting Sunday evening.   And this is all not including things I need to do for school - ahh!   June, please SLOW DOWN... I need more time!!!

Megan fell asleep on the drive out to Port Kells.  I love
how when she sleeps she gets a little birdy mouth, just
like she did when she was a baby!


My mom designing Charlotte's diaper!

Megan's group won the best designed diaper at my sister's shower.

Matthew won "Principal for a Day".  It was the first time he chose to wear a collared shirt
on his own.  He also called for crazy hair day.   He loved the special star treatment!

2 comments:

  1. Jen, I know how you feel, I'm not quite that busy but trying to get organized and be "on top" of it all is a hard task!
    You amaze me in what you can accomplish, busy is a good thing, because one day this will all slow down and we'll probably miss it! Happy June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the shower. The diaper was fun.

    ReplyDelete