Saturday 7 April 2012

Spring...

All week long I have toted that Friday was going to be "Operation Spring Clean" in my house.   I reminded my family members not to make plans because I had chores for them.  These past few months  I have been busier than usual, and unfortunately this amount to never having enough time to keep up with all the housely chores.  Scott does more than his fair share... I must admit I don't do laundry, as this is something Scott loves to do.   He is a pro at doing laundry, and folds better than many sales clerks.   I am very lucky in that respect.   Our place is generally tidy, but if you look closely in corners and crevices, you will see dust bunnies, evidence of children brushing their teeth on the mirrors, stains on the stovetop where things have bubbled over, and the bathrooms - well I have a little boy - enough said!

Friday morning began with Megan enthusiastically wanting to help clean the bathrooms.  She is actually an exceptional cleaner and never complains.  Matthew on the other hand, wasn't sure what he wanted to do and when presented with a few options, took his sweet time (a stalling tactic, I'm sure) to decide what to do.   Finally he reluctantly replied that he would vacuum.

It was all going well, until we heard the sound of pounding water on one of our upstairs windows.   We all rushed to see what was going on.   What we saw was Scott using his new "toy" he had purchased to clean the outside windows.   Living in a new area where there is still constant building, we get a ton of dirt build-up on our windows.   For the past two years, I have begged Scott to find  to hire someone to clean the windows.   After being quoted $150 he was thrilled to pick up a window cleaning tool for $50 at Canadian Tire.  Happy that this task was finally being dealt with, I and the kids jumped with joy.

Problem is... the kids abandoned me and took off outside to "help" Daddy!  With no help and the cooking/baking I needed to get done for dinner (we were having friends over), I managed to get just the downstairs cleaning done.

This sunshine has given me renewed energy!   The kids are also loving the extended daytime hours, playing outside into the early evening.   Yesterday Megan and our little neighbours had fun having a picnic outside and collecting ladybugs.


Today I woke up, quickly cleaned upstairs and then we all headed down to Stanley Park to ride our bikes.
I have wanted to this for so long... I can't even remember!  We had to wait until Megan was proficient enough on her two-wheel bike to ride in a busy area.   Although the park was packed, we had a great afternoon.   We stopped for ice-cream and looked at the totem poles.   The kids enjoyed the scenery on the drive home and Scott and I had many quiet giggles answering a ton of "why" questions... most were related to the Easter Bunny.

After much discussion, it was decided that Easter Bunny must enter through the front door so the kids have made us promise not to lock the door tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment