Sunday 20 May 2012

Delights Rediscovered in May

The sunshine has left our little part of the world for a few days - but while it was here, it was enjoyed!   So far the fence has been painted, flowers have been planted, and we have had two visits to the beach.  We've begun bike riding, bocce games, early evening play at the park, icecream/ Slurpee outings, and yesterday the kids set up the first lemonade stand of the season.

Fish and chips at Pajo's in Steveston with Karen and Frank.



Earlier this week Megan and I were treated to a WhiteSpot dinner by my niece Charlotte, who had won a gift certificate.   We were here "chosen guests" that she wanted to treat.   I could see the envious eyes of others seated around me, as I was able to enjoy these two lovely little ladies and their stories, giggles, chatter and smiles...  a great night!

On a bittersweet note Megan's and I said farewell to our friends at Sparks.   Being a leader these past two years has been so much fun!   Megan truly loved going to Sparks... it was the highlight of her week and to see the twinkle in her eyes when she called me "Topaz" (my Sparky name) melted my heart.   Next she plans to join Brownies, but I will not be joining her as a leader.




Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend - I still cannot believe that we are in MAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment